Last weekend I took William bowling for the first time! He loved it!
Unfortunately, I did not manage to grab the camera as we were making our way out the door. So I didn't get any pictures.
He bowled 5 whole frames, which was about 3 more than I thought he might do. He really enjoyed the whole process. We had a special ramp positioned at the front of the lane that we placed the ball on and then gave it a good push. He even got a strike in the first frame! Bumpers were up the entire game, so don't anybody get any ideas about a bowling prodigy here.
We bowled at Splitz, my former stomping grounds. One of the high school girls who worked for me helped get us all set up. She even printed out his score at the end of the game so I have something to put into his baby book.
And as it turns out, that was the last day of Splitz. The next morning a new company announced they had bought Splitz and were changing the name and adding it to their chain of entertainment centers. So our timing turned out to be quite fortuitous of sorts. I am sorry that the Splitz name is no longer, but I hope good things will come of the new ownership.
We have a big week coming up. 18 month pictures on Saturday and a Family Field Trip on Monday! Until then.... love from Colorado!
No comments:
Post a Comment