William and I paid a visit to the Butterfly Pavilion recently. We hadn't been in quite a while. However, they had just finished a life cycle of a butterfly at school which he talked about quite a bit, I thought he might really get a kick out it. He sure did! 
We both got to hold "Rosie" the Tarantula. If you have never held one, it feels like little q-tips walking across your hand. We learned that this was one of 95 working "Rosies". They can only last about 4 hours a week max before interacting with the public and walking around becomes stressful for them. And they breed these for purchase and to share with other similar programs across the U.S. The volunteer told me that I could find baby ones in the gift shop if we wanted one - Uhm, no thanks!! It was cool, but doesn't mean I want one at my house!
An aquatic touch tank with starfish, a sting ray and a couple of others. Fred moved to fast to be in the picture.
Here are a few of my favorite photos - taken with our new beautiful camera! Such better pictures than the oldie!
William's favorite - the turtle. We named it Myrtle.
My favorite photo.
Butterfly Pavilion mascot!
No comments:
Post a Comment