We started swim lessons a couple of weeks ago. I thought William would enjoy it and it would be something different for us to do on Saturday mornings for a while. Plus, this last summer William was very reluctant to go to the pool. If we managed to get there, he rarely wanted to leave but still it was odd he didn't want to go.
When we discussed swim lessons the week before they were to start he was very excited. He was excited to get dressed in his swim trunks and head to the rec center. His enthusiasm quickly faded when we reached the edge of the pool. Figures. But, his instructor, Brian, was great. I am sure he runs into this alot. This was how he won Fred over.
"I see your name is William, can I call you Will?"
"uh-uh."
"Can I call you William?"
"uh-uh"
"Hmm, (spies the swim trunks) can I call you Spiderman?"
"yes."
After that, things were fine and Fred didn't want to get out of the pool! It is just William and another little girl Riley for their "group" and then other levels use the other parts of the pool. He has loved going back ever since!
Riding on the lily pad out to the deep end.
No comments:
Post a Comment