Hope's Happenings
I will try to use this blog to periodically give Hope updates. Miss Hope is now 9 months old and growing like a weed! She had her 9 month appointment on January 27th. She weighed 18 pounds and 11 ounces, putting her in the 60th percentile for weight. She was 29 inches long - 92nd percentile for that. And as usual, her head was the biggest - 18 1/4 inches for head circumference - placing her in the 97th percentile. The Longman genes still rule. =)
She only had to get 1 shot, thankfully. I still hate it when babies have to get 3-4 shots or more at a time. Hope is crawling around everywhere and trying her darndest to walk. She can walk if you lend her your fingers for balance and stability. She also likes to push around William's old "walker" or scoot between furniture in the living room. She can clap and wave and shriek! Which she likes to do with more and more frequency. Unfortunately, she is still not sleeping thru the night - she still gets up about 2:30-3:00 am to eat and then usually goes right back to sleep. I just keep hoping that one day soon she will sleep ALL night!
This is not a 9 month photo, this was probably 7 months, but look how quickly she eclipsed her bear for size!
These photos show you her favorite activities, largely making messes. Most of the time I find her hind end sticking out of somewhere, a cupboard or a closet. And stuff strewn about everywhere. I haven't been able to get photos of just her hind end - yet. But, I will!
This is how I spend most of my day, cleaning up messes. =)
The other really funny thing that Sister has started doing is this weird growling. It reminds me of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings, "The preeeecious, the preeeecious..." It is really weird, mystifying and just a tad frightening. Even the babysitter thinks it is a little frightening. Such a weird noise for such a small person!
She and William are still each other's biggest source of joy and entertainment. And that is always fun to watch. Now that she can crawl they do chase each other around the living room occasionally!

No comments:
Post a Comment