Friday, October 24, 2014

Butterflies!


We have had an amazing summer of butterflies everywhere. We celebrated mom's birthday, a little late on Sunday, July 20th with a butterfly release and then a family picnic dinner. I still miss her so much, each and every day. But, somehow it seems that when I miss her the most I get a little "reminder" in some form that she is still with me, always. Sometimes the reminder is an old note I find, or a memory or sometimes even a butterfly happens along, unexpectedly.

And we have had butterflies in our backyard a lot this summer thanks to a few new lantana bushes. They are beautiful and, oh, how they attract the butterflies! Here's one that was so intent on feasting, Hope almost sneaked up on it.


You can almost see her saying "ooooohhhhh", which is something she always does when captivated by something, usually an animal!

So close, so close! I am happy to report no butterflies were harmed that day. Or any other really.


So pretty! We still like to say "Hi, Grandma!" as we just know it is Grandma Marilyn coming down from heaven to check on us. We are always thrilled to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment