Our camping trip was very wet. Monsoon type rains were predicted for the weekend forecast, so that should have been our clue to stay home. But, not at our house. We are Longmans and the weather won't stop us! I, of course, say this very tongue in cheek because I am merely a Longman by marriage and am not instilled with the same fervor. Or maybe I am a big pansy. Depends on who you ask as to the answer to that question.
But, on to camping. It hailed so much on the drive up - it looked like it had snowed. Which is exactly what William said from the backseat, "Mama, it's snowing!" Lucas and Jeff bore the brunt of the rain as they did all of the campsite set up and I, Marcee and William stayed dry in the camper.
our campsite
Our shelter and picnic table. Dad is cooking dinner!
The fun playground at the campsite
Jeff and Marcee
William enjoyed it all the same. They had a neat playground at this campsite too. In fact, I had to wring out about a quart of water out of his socks that night. And his shoes still weren't quite dry on the inside but he was unconcerned. See, already a Longman!!
The next day was our visit to the zoo. Always a favorite. We even toured the new Asian exhibit. Beautifully done, but hardly any animals. Not sure if that was a fluke, or if they ran out of money before they got to animal procurement. Either way, we enjoyed it.
William with elephant ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment