Sir William keeps us laughing all the time, intentionally or not. So I thought I would share some of his more recent sayings and stories.
On Driving
One day on the way home from daycare and work, William asked to go visit BooBoo and Papa "for like 20 days". When I said I didn't think that was possible, but that they would be coming soon to visit once baby sister arrived he declared "Well, (insert big sigh) I am just going to put my toy buckets into the car and go see them. But, I need someone to drive me. I don't know if you know this, but I can't drive!"
I informed him, that actually I did know that about him! And hallelujah and amen that he can't drive yet! =)
ABC's and 123's
I must get a recording of him singing the ABC song, which I now request that he sings every time he washes his hands. He is a notoriously bad slap/dash handwasher and after being endlessly sick this winter I have had enough. Plus, handwashing will be even more important with a newborn in the house. However, William's version of the song includes some strange letter combinations and letters definitely out of place. I will get this up as soon as I can remember to record!
We have also been working very hard with William on his letters and sounds as his teacher informed us that he is actually behind his peers in these areas. Mostly, he feels he has better things to do than his "works" or lessons such as chatting with his friends and playing. His biggest wish (most days) is to have a dog. However, we have said that in order to get a dog he must learn to read first. This is mostly to give us more time so we can ensure he is old enough for the responsibility. And, apparently he has been listening.
While driving through our neighborhood recently, we spotted a family out walking their dog. The family included a boy of about 9 or 10. William's comment. "Awww, he must have learned his letters!"
I could only chuckle in response and agree. Poor kid will probably grow up thinking everyone has to learn to read to get a dog - Colorado state law or something! HA!
On Baby Sister
William says he is quite excited to have a baby sister and that he can't wait to meet her! Naming her has been quite a challenge and so William has offered up his suggestions. "Archie and Underwear". I don't know, Undy Longman has kind of a cute ring to it!
William insists that he wants to talk to the new baby while she is still in my tummy. He also insists that I need to open my mouth so he can "yell down your throat so she can hear me". Yikes - let's not traumatize the child before she even arrives! I have tried to explain that she can hear him just fine through my tummy, but he's not buying it. Can you imagine hearing this in stereo? "Hello, Baby - Are you going to come out to play?!"
He also mentioned that he thinks she will get "SO big, that her hand will come out of your mouth! And I can't wait to see it!". Words fail me here.
And that is our funny, funny Fred! A joy and a comedian!
No comments:
Post a Comment