Sunday, November 24, 2013

Halloween!

We had a lot of fun this year for Halloween even though it turned out to be bitterly cold for trick or treating. No matter, we didn't let that stop us!

Superheros still reign supreme at our house. Some things never change. We had to instruct William he could not wear his costume out of the house before Halloween so that we could make sure it stayed in decent shape until then. His preschool had a costume parade and party that day. Lots of fun to see all of the cool costumes!

Captain America! 
All of the teachers and staff came as Minions from Despicable Me 2 - very cute. 

Here was some of Fred's class - a Batman, Wolverine, Iron Man and of course our own Captain America. 

Attacked by a minion!! Or, really Miss Cindy, his favorite teacher. 

Our old pal, Will Paffel as a young Anikan Skywalker.


Little Miss Riding Hood! William actually suggested her costume and I loved the idea so we went with it! I actually made the cape, of which I am very proud. This was basically a free costume because our plaid dress was a hand-me-down, my mom supplied the fabric for the cape from her stash, but we did buy the basket to complete our outfit. 

I am sure Red Riding Hood never had to have a bib because she drooled too much, but no matter. We got teeth coming in so what can we say? Her costume really only was seen by a few people in person. Our first Halloween event the weekend before, she slept through, and Halloween day was too cold to take her out of her carseat/stroller either. Plus, I even through a large blanket over it to keep all of the bitter wind out. So, mom looked like she was pushing a small black hearse down the street. Still works, it was Halloweenish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment