Tuesday, October 29, 2013

July

I think I remember July. I distinctly remember it coming before August, which was a whirlwind to say the least, but that is about all I remember.

I do remember we made it pottery painting, which William always enjoys. He painted a ladybug!

Here is the artist himself!


REPTILE GUY

Reptile Guy, as he is known professionally, visited William's school again this year in July. This year I got to take William and Lucas stayed home. I thought I got the better end of that deal, but not for long. Uhm, Reptile Guy, is not a normal human being. His reptiles travel in plastic totes and wooden boxes - no ventilation holes to be seen. He constantly referred to animals in Australia that had nothing to do with the animals he has brought to show. And he also constantly referred to how many times he had been bitten by which reptile. Not a ringing endorsement, especially when at a preschool, Sir.


Mom will not be accompanying William again next year. I am normally okay with most reptiles, they aren't my favorite, but I have held several in my lifetime from having worked at several zoos. However, it just gave me the heebie-jeebies to see this guy hand off reptiles to small children who didn't know how to properly handle them or were too scared to do it right. I couldn't decide who I was more worried about, the kids or the animals. William, of course, wanted to hold every last thing.




Thankfully, we all survived. Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment