We had a devastating event here a few weeks ago. Blackfin the goldfish died. That fish had been with us for well over a year so he had a long, lovely life swimming with his best friend Orange Fin. William requested a funeral. I wasn't sure how to proceed as I didn't know if it was disrespectful to just flush that fish or not. Felt a little surreal, like one of my favorite Cosby episodes where everyone dresses up when Rudy's goldfish dies.
Luckily, Lucas vetoed William's request for "church clothes" for the funeral. William stood up and gave a stirring eulogy. No, he really did. I was proud of him and surprised. Here is the lovely picture he made:
And never fear, we ended up burying him in the front yard. =)
I do wonder what the neighbors think of us. Not that it really matters, their guesses couldn't be much stranger than the truth!
Rest in Peace dear Blackfin. You are missed!


No comments:
Post a Comment