We came, we saw and William ran - FAST.
Every October Cotton Creek holds a special run for all the grades. Each grade runs a similar course. K-2 runs a 1/2 mile and 3-5 runs a full mile.
Here they are lining up for the 1st grade run.
This year, he got a special ticket so he could be in the first 2 rows. I'm thinking they did that so the faster kids wouldn't run over the others. Good idea. It is still a bit of mad chaos at take-off!
Can you find him in the middle - gray shirt? I am a fan of "Where's Waldo" type pictures!
This year William participated in a "running club" that the PE teacher offered 1x a week during September for kids to spend an extra 45 minutes after school running and doing different drills.
What made that extra fun for William is that two of his very good friends (Sophie and Vincent) from his kindergarten class were also in there with him.
And here's the video. First, let me apologize. I truly can't help myself with my crazy cheering. I've tried, but it is not to be tamed. I have just decided to recognize and embrace that I am my mother.
Here's the link - even blogger says it is too big to post.
Here's the finish line! What is also really cool about running club is that neither Sophie or Vincent were anywhere near the top runners last year. And this year, they both placed inside the top five!
Here he is - the 3rd place winner!!! WAY TO GO, WILLIAM!!!
And just this week, we received a card in his take-home folder that showed his race time. He finished a half mile course - mostly uphill in 3:52 - that is FAST!!
And the following week, they had the award ceremony. They decided to award the other two boys 1st place as apparently it was a dead heat across the finish line. So very cool that William was the third kid to cross the finish line. He was pretty happy too. He wants to get first, but was proud of himself for doing so well again this year. We are too!
Hooray, William!
Here are William and Sophie picking out their pumpkins after the race.





No comments:
Post a Comment