Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Are You My Grandma?


We visited the Butterfly Pavilion a couple of months back while my dad was here. It was his first trip out here and he wanted to make sure we visited the Butterfly Pavilion as it was always one of mom's favorites. We have all struggled and continue to struggle with the loss since she passed in January. Kind of hard to fill the hole in your heart when it is roughly the size of the Grand Canyon.

I know she would have approved of our visit to the Butterfly Pavilion and I kinda think she was even there that day. Here's the reason why:

As soon as we got in the doors of the atrium, a giant bright blue butterfly flew right up to us, very similar to the one in the photo below.  It even came so close to William it tickled his ears. I said immediately "I bet that's Grandma, coming to say 'Hello!'"! William was completely tickled by that idea and ran around the rest of the time asking all of the blue butterflies "Are you my Grandma?"! I am sure the other people thought we were a little nuts (and we are), but we didn't care. It felt good to feel a little closer to her that day.

                                                           

William holding Rosie the tarantula.


William photo bomb!



Another beautiful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment