Saturday, August 22, 2015

Seven - Double Oh Seven


The big day finally arrived, William's seventh birthday! He was so excited - he has been planning this party since January. I'm not even kidding. We had changed themes several times, but VBS having a the Secret Agent theme this year, that is the one he finally settled on.

A friend at church is starting a mobile laser tag business and we jumped right on that idea! It fit the origianl hunting theme that William wanted, but also worked well with the Secret Agent theme. Hallelujah. William and simplicity don't always mix. He comes up with the most elaborate and intricate ideas that could even be imagined and then can't understand why his father and I can't implement them. Hmph. 

Secret Agent Training - beware. 


L to R: William, Vincent, Dustin, Saunder, Parker and Ian

The recruits!





 The boys had an absolute blast. They trained hard and fought harder. And most of them couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was hilarious. At the end, Saunder's dad volunteered to be the "Terminator" and let the boys all gang up against him. He was never in any real danger, I assure you!

The funny part was after we did food and cake and the laser tag was put away, the boys all chased each other around the backyard with whatever weaponry William had available.

Here was the cake that mom labored. It wasn't too hard, just mentally I was stressing myself out because I couldn't figure out how I was going to make it work. And the only reason I even tried to make it was because we weren't having any luck finding anything secret agent/spy theme at the grocery stores - baking departments. And mom is too cheap to spend $50+ for a custom cake. 


 Happy 7th Birthday, William! We love you to the moon and back!



No comments:

Post a Comment