Wednesday, August 2, 2017

William and the Relay Race!


In May, William got picked as one of EIGHT total kids (four boys and four girls) from his grade at Cotton Creek to participate in a special relay race put on by the Lion's Club of Northwest Denver. Grades 1-5 from the Adams 12 Five Star district competed against each other.

We jokingly refer to William as many things, including FRED - Frantically Running Every Day and FLASH Longman. He is FAST and loves to run! I hope this is something that sticks with him always as running among other things is a great way to stay in shape and relieve stress, etc.

As far as we knew, NONE of the kids have ever competed in a relay race before or practiced passing batons or any of that jazz. And I could just imagine batons flying everywhere, but somehow I didn't see even one baton go amiss!

William's team, of course, did GREAT! They placed 2nd!!


 Here is William taking the track, he ran the first leg. 


 Getting some last minute coaching from dad about how to follow his lane all the way around. 

Proud winner!!! Way to go, William!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - this also happened in May. 
Don't even ask, I just don't anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment